The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is all about choice and empowerment. To assist this process, Support Coordination can be included in NDIS plans for participants.
Support Coordination has been designed to minimise the difficulty and stress that can come with having to negotiate with multiple service providers, government agencies and the coordinating of supports. Support Coordination provides you with assistance to strengthen your ability to coordinate and choose the support’s you need to participate fully in your life and within your community.
There are three levels of support coordination under the NDIS ‘Capacity Building’ category of funding:
- Support connection- Temporary assistance to help you source providers that meet your needs and to increase capacity to maintain relationships with these service providers and participate independently in any NDIA processes.
- Coordination of supports- Assistance throughout your plan, to provide connection and coordination of your supports from a range of sources in a more complex environment.
- Specialist support coordination- Specialist supports for more complex situations
Support Coordination can help you by:
- Identifying service providers that will meet your needs outlined in your plan
- Initial contact, overseeing and coordinating service providers and support services
- Liaising on your behalf with NDIA, Government and agencies
- Obtaining quotes for the services you require
- Getting you involved in your local community- volunteering, joining a community group or participating in local events
- Working closely with you to develop skills, capability and resilience
Why Choose Kirinari for Support Coordination?
Kirinari have a long history of assisting people with a disability to receive supports under block and individualised plans. We have expert employees who have extensive knowledge on local service providers and the support system. As a result of our strong networks in the community, we will act as a trusted advisor about potential services for you, so that you can make informed decisions.
To talk to someone about making support coordination part of your plan, get in touch with us.