Here at Kirinari we will support, coach, enable and empower you to make your own decisions and to live the life you have always wanted.
Person Centred Approach is a way of assisting people to work out what they want; the support they require and helping them get it. Person Centred Approach always has the person at the centre, is carried out in alliance with friends and family and is focussed on getting real lives for people. It is a way of enabling people to think about what they want now and in the future and is about supporting people to plan their lives, work towards their goals and get the right supports. We like to follow the philosophy: "Nothing about me, without me."
Person Centred Planning is a collection of tools and approaches that can be used to plan with a person, not for them. Planning should build upon the person's circle of support and involve all the people who are important in that person's life. Planning helps us discover and act on what matters to a person, looks at their skills and strengths, what is important to them and their goals and aspirations, A person's plan is a living document and is continually reviewed as a their needs, wants, goals and experiences change. Plans require a fundamental shift of thinking from a "power over" relationship to a "power with" relationship.
Person Centred Values
There are many ways to bring value into our customers lives, Person Centre Approach is just one way we can do this. Here at Kirinari we follow John O'Brien's 5 valued outcomes for a person's life, these are:
- Community Presence- increase the presence of the person, be actively part of the local community and 'belong'
- Community Participation- expanding people's friendships, gaining, maintaining and experiencing satisfying meaningful relationships
- Choice- being able to make their own decisions and choices about their lives
- Respect- enhancing people's reputations and having the opportunity to fulfil respected roles and live with dignity
- Competence- continuing to develop personal competencies/skills